New York 1,000 Block Number Pooling
Administrative Guidelines Sub-Committee
February 9 & 10, 1998
Meeting Minutes - Draft
2/9/98 Meeting: 2/10/98 Meeting:
Pat Fleck - Ameritech Pat Fleck
Brent Struthers - ICC Staff Brent Struthers
Beth Gunter - Bell Atlantic Beth Gunter
Larry Vasquez - AT&T Larry Vasquez
Dan Meldazis - Focal Communications Dan Meldazis
Barry Bishop - Lockheed Martin Barry Bishop
Jim Joerger - MCI Debby McGee
Steve Addicks - MCI Rochelle Jones
Derek Noppenberger - Bell Atlantic Jo Gallagher
Copy Minutes To:
Greg Pattenaude - NY PSC
Review & Approval of February 6 meeting minutes
Update guidelines with recent NPAC changes (flowchart)
Review/update forms (include items from action list)
Firm up rate center jeopardy procedures
- The team reviewed, modified and approved the minutes of the February 6th meeting. See attached file for approved meeting minutes.
- The team agreed that we donít need to include the NPAC timer flowcharts in the guidelines.
- 2/9 - Pat reviewed existing jeopardy procedures being used in Illinois for 847 today, which became effective 11/97. The team reviewed rate center jeopardy situation (section 11.2) and agreed to use a lottery process for block rationing while in rate center jeopardy. 2/10 - Jo Gallagher cautioned the team about the complexity of a lottery process for block allocation while under rate center jeopardy and suggested the team look at other possibilities for handling interim rationing of blocks. This created a new action item to be added to list - see list.
- 2/10 - Beth mentioned that although we do not have full service provider participation at each meeting of the guidelines team, the decisions reached by those participating will be considered consensus. Other service providers who are not able to attend should send their written comments to either Rochelle or Beth for consideration by the NY Guidelines Team. A draft of the guidelines, as well as meeting minutes, actions and issues lists can be found on the World Wide Web under the following address: http://www.ported.com. From there, scroll down until you find the frog icon that says, "follow me for a day at the pool". Click on the frog and you should see a "Hot" button where the documents are located.
- 2/10 - Beth shared with the team the concept of the Pooling Administator performing RDBS and BRIDS inputs as an enterprise service. Service providers will have a choice as to the method they choose to update RDBS and BRIDS (they can update themselves, contract with a third party or request the Pool Administrator to perform this function). The enterprise service of the Pooling Administrator would perform the inputs for a fee. This new item has also been added to the RFP.
- 2/10 - the team reviewed and made modifications to the Part 1 Block Application Form. (see attached revisions).
- The Illinois group decided to establish a meeting prior to the 23rd meeting in order to review the rest of the forms.
ACTION ITEMS & ISSUES:
- See separate lists for updates (revised 2/10/98).
FUTURE NEW YORK/ILLINOIS JOINT TEAM GUIDELINES MEETINGS:
Monday, February 23
10:00 - 4:30 p.m. (EST) 9:00 - 3:30 pm. (Central)
Bridge: 1-888-811-8526 Passcode: 642643
Friday, February 27
10:00 - 4:30 p.m. (EST) 9:00 - 3:30 p.m. (Central)
Bridge: 1-888-811-8526 Passcode: 642644
Agenda for 2/23 meeting:
- Review/approval of Feb. 9/10 meeting minutes
- Update on Illinois Forms Review meeting
- Resolution of items from Action Items list (see below):
- Determine minimum effective date (item added 1/6)
- Determine timeframe for forecasts -quarterly or semi-annually (item added 1/21)
- Modify business/calendar days (added 1/30)
- Determine how long to return initial contaminated block (added 1/21)
- Determine time to submit TBUS - 7 to 14 days (added 1/30)
- Determine about reservations during rate ctr. Jeopardy (added 1/30)
- Determine timeframe to request code b-4 effective date (6 months) and in service date (6 months) - refer to actions list. (added 2/4)
- Priority of blocks to new entrants in rate center jeopardy - (added 2/10)
- Determine overall method for allocation of blocks in rate center jeopardy - (added 2/10)
- Define Pooling Administrator Responsibility in NPA Jeopardy (added 2/10)
- Random Audits & Audit Funding Issue
- Modified NY Guidelines Draft (revisions dated 2/10/98, Filename: nygd2_10.doc)
- Approved Minutes from February 6 meeting
- Draft Part 1 form - revised 2/10/98
- Revised Issues List - 2/10/98
- Revised Action Item List - 2/10/98