- Number Pooling is a national issue.
- Number Pooling is introduced after LNP implementation in an area to delay NPA exhaust.
- Number Pooling is Wireline based until July 1999 when Wireless LNP implementation begins.
- To ensure one set of requirements for NPAC development for a Release 2.1 for both vendors, Lockheed Martin IMS and Perot Systems.
January 1, 1998 through June 30, 1998 (Phase I)
- Pre-Port all Pooled Thousands Blocks issued during this phase.
- Download all Pooled numbers to the SCPs during off hours.
- No changes made to the NPAC.
- Continued Snap Back to Code Holder on Disconnects.
- Block Holder works with Code Holder to obtain disconnected numbers for reassignment as required (Quarterly?).
July 1, 1998 (Phase II)
- Porting On Demand implemented, Pre-Porting ceases.
- Design NPAC’s NPA NXX Service Provider Assignment table to handle NPA NXX-X.
- Snap Back to Block Holder designed into NPAC.
- Design NPAC to download NPA NXX-X to SOAs instead of NPA NXX.
- Only Ported Numbers downloaded to LSMSs and SCPs.
- Issue Disconnect orders to remove Phase I Vacant Numbers to leave only ported working numbers in all LNP system databases.