New York 1,000 Block Number Pooling
Assignment Guidelines Sub-Committee
June 24, 1998
Meeting Minutes - DRAFT
Beth Gunter - Bell Atlantic
Shannon Collins - LM
Steve Addicks - MCI
Rochelle Jones - TW
Ed Gould - TCG
Tom Burke - NY PSC
- Review/approve minutes from May 26th meeting
- Feedback from LM on progress
- Discuss Issue with optional switch identifier (section 6.3.2)
- Review May 26 draft guidelines - finalize
- Block allocation process
- Schedule Follow-up Meeting
ACTION ITEMS & ISSUES:
- The minutes from the May 26th meeting were reviewed. The minutes were approved as written, noting that Shawn Murphy may want to review and perhaps revise wording in second bullet regarding the block being associated with one switch (for pre-port only), since this did not seem to make sense.
- The team discussed the issue with the switch identifier being an optional entry on the Part 1 application, referencing section 6.3.2. Bell Atlantic stated the data element should be required in case it is necessary for transitional purposes to National 1000 block number pooling. However, there was no consensus to modify the guidelines to make this field mandatory.
- Lockheed Martin provided an update on progress made to date. The May 26, 1998 draft guidelines have been posed on the web-site. Barry Biship will continue to work on forms and place on web-site when the forms are finalized. The group discussed that the forms need to be updated to include blockholder information, i.e., OCN of block holder and the block. As a result, we updated the Part 1 form to indicate the OCN as the value used in the NPAC. We also added a new section, 6.4.3 to the guidelines to say that the PA will notify NPAC when a block has been assigned and provide the OCN/SPID, block(s) assigned and effective date of block(s).
- The team also modified section 7.1.11 with a revised draft of the block allocation procedure. ACTION: Beth will forward this draft procedure to Greg Pattenaude for discussion during the 6/29 Steering Committee meeting.
- The Part 3 form was modified further to add Donating and Assigned to Service Provider OCN/SPID.
- Agreement Reached - Forms are now complete with changes made from today’s meeting.
FUTURE NEW YORK TEAM ASSIGNMENT GUIDELINES MEETINGS:
The guidelines team will contribute towards finalization of the guidelines during the NY Steering Committee meeting scheduled on 6/29/98 with focus on completing section 7.1.11 regarding block allocation procedures.
- NY May 26 Meeting Minutes - Final
- Draft NY Interim NP Guidelines, Phase 1, revised 6/24/98